The 33rd Washington Spring Ball was held on Saturday May 11, 2019 7:30 - 11pm
Three Roses: Edith Coakley Stowe (fiddle), Carrie Rose (flute), Melissa Running (piano). Sound: Tom Bryson
Practice 2:30 - 5:00
Callers: Anna Rain & Tom Spilsbury. Musicians: Becky Ross (fiddle), Liz Donaldson (piano)
Same venue as the evening ball
Dinner break 5:00 - 7:00 Many restaurants are within walking distance of event. Restaurant Tips Reception 7:00 - 7:30 Socialize before the ball with light refreshments. Ball 7:30 - 11:00 Refreshments will be served during the break.
- The Archer
- Cheshire Rounds
- The Cobbler's Hornpipe
- The Cotery
- Cumberland Square Eight
- Eastbourne Rover
- The Flying Sorceress
- Heather Towers
- Hudson Barn
- The Irish Howle
- Jack By the Hedge
- Kensington Court
- The Merry Andrew
- Minnows (or, Bother the Fish)
- Round About Our Coal Fire
- Sally in Our Alley
- Trip to Town-O
Registered by April 27, 2019 Registered (post-marked) after April 27, 2019 Member (FSGW, ATDS, BFMS, CDSS) $35.00 $42.00 Non-member $40.00 $47.00 Full-time student member $17.50 $17.50 Full-time student non-member $20.00 $20.00
- Changing rooms will be available for those who wish to change at the Ball.
- Ball dances will be practiced at our weekly Wednesday evening English Country Dances and at a practice session the afternoon of the ball.Dances will be prompted for a few rounds - no walk-throughs.
- Enhance dancing pleasure for all by becoming familiar with dances before the Ball by attending Wednesday evening dances, participating in the pre-ball practice session, and watching the video links on the Program (music, videos) page.
Restaurant Tips for finding dinner Saturday before the ball.
The Ball Chair was Thomas Spilsbury and the Registrar was Bob Hershler.